Filming & Photography Application Centre
Chisinau International Airport provides a one-stop service centre for all applicants who wish to apply for a permit to carry out filming/photography at Chisinau Airport. Chisinau International Airport will make the following required arrangements on behalf of the applicant:
- Security escort and supervision for restricted areas of the airport
- Security pass application and processing for restricted areas
- Basic technical support (electrical only)
- Permit application and processing
In view of the comprehensive services provided, the fee is levied in advance for filming and photography. Full payment is required at least two (2) working days before the actual filming date. Fees stated below are on the basis per application (maximum duration of the session limited to 2 (two) hours), for the duration of activity from 8am to 5pm, excluding Saturdays and Sundays.
Areas with Unlimited Access
Commercial Filming & Photography
3120 lei (TVA included) for one session (max. 2 hours)
1080 lei (TVA included) for one session (max. 2 hours)
Media is free of charges.
Attention! Filming and photography services for commercial projects must be paid. A preliminary notice is required at least two (2) working days before the actual filming date.
Payments can be made at the following location: Dacia Avenue 80/3, LLC AVIA INVEST Administration, Accountancy, tel.: (+373 22) 52 93 83.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Applying companies or individuals must agree to provide a copy of the finished product to the Chisinau International Airport for archiving purposes.
- Use of Chisinau International Airport images and logos for marketing materials pertaining to films or images must be approved by Chisinau International Airport. The film or images must not be used in any way that might adversely affect the reputation and the image of the Airport. Chisinau International Airport’s decision on whether there is an adverse effect shall be final.
- Chisinau International Airport reserves the right to refuse any application for any reason, not limited to a breach of any of these Terms and Conditions. Chisinau International Airport also reserves the right to withdraw any consent granted and to stop the filming or photography at any time, for any reason whatsoever and all persons will be required to leave the airport premises immediately. Chisinau International Airport will not be responsible for any loss, including financial loss to any company or individual.
- In case the applicant requests a filming/photography session in the restricted areas of the airport, which might contain images of personalities who has the right for personal state protection, the prior approval of the State Security Service (under the Law of “State Security Service” № 134 from 13.06.2008) must be presented.
- In case the applicant requests a filming/photography session of the charter flight in the restricted areas of the airport, the prior approval of the official ordering customer of the charter flight must be presented.
- The applicant shall indemnify Chisinau International Airport against all claims, proceedings, judgments, damages, losses (including all indirect and consequential losses), costs (including legal costs on a solicitor-client indemnity basis) and expenses of any nature whatsoever reasonably arising from or out of or in connection with its filming/photography activity or these terms and conditions.
- In the event of a cancellation of the filming/photography session by the applicant, no refund will be given by Chisinau International Airport.
- In the event of any postponement request by applicant, Chisinau International Airport will consider the request only if made not less than 24 hours of the original date and time of the filming/photography session. Any postponement request made less than 24 hours will be deemed as a cancellation and the applicant will have to submit a fresh request.
- Chisinau International Airport reserves the right to change any rates and/or terms and conditions contained herein at any time without prior notice.
- You may apply to film and photograph anywhere in the airport except at the following locations:
- Baggage Sorting Area
- Control Tower
- Area before Departure Immigration
- Immigration/Customs counters
- Perimeter Road
- Security checkpoints
- The applicant personnel will be allowed to access the airport, just in case it will not exceed a total number of six persons.
- Applicant should be aware that approval of applications will be seen as indirect support for the project and as such, it is to be noted that Chisinau International Airport does not endorse projects that:
- depict or portray the Airport or Republic of Moldova in an unfavorable light or otherwise a manner that may affect the reputation of the Airport or Republic of Moldova;
- are overtly political in nature;
- are highly critical of other countries or people;
- go against Chisinau Airport’s branding guidelines;
- might sow or instigate racial, religious or cultural discord; or
- support anti-social lifestyle or criminal activity.
- Animals are prohibited from entering the Airport premises.
SAFETY & SECURITY
Chisinau International Airport takes great care in ensuring the safety of all persons in the Airport’s premises. Here is a list of safety and security guidelines, the applicant personnel will have to adhere to.
- Media personnel are responsible for own safety in the Airport and shall ensure the safety of all persons within the Airport premises.
- All members of the media crew, filming team and talents etc. must always have their visitors’ passes visibly attached to them whenever they are within the restricted areas of the Airport. Whenever such persons are within the Airport premises, Chisinau International Airport and any security personnel reserve the right to carry out random checks of belongings or equipment at any time.
- For security reasons, all belongings and equipment must be attended to at all times.
- Any person deemed to be a threat to persons within the Airport premises will be escorted out of the premises immediately.
- Media personnel have to ensure that filming or shoots done within the Airport will not cause an obstruction in the Airport premises or otherwise disrupt or cause a delay in airport operations.
- Filming props and/or equipment will be subjected to approval depending on how much space there is within the chosen filming location and whether they cause an obstruction or otherwise disrupt or cause a delay in airport operations.
- Use of explosives and pyrotechnics within the Airport and surrounding premises is strictly prohibited.
FILM & OPERATING HOURS
To ensure that all persons enjoy their time and experience in the Airport, media activities must not interfere with or cause a disruption to daily airport operations.
- If filming is approved, it must be completed by the designated timeline set by Chisinau International Airport and filming crew must ensure that the location and facilities used are cleaned and cleared.
- Successful applicants must ensure that they do not contribute to noise or other forms of pollution which may cause unnecessary disturbances to persons in the Airport premises and surrounding areas.
USAGE OF FACILITIES/UTILITIES
- Media personnel are required to submit an application if they wish to loan certain facilities or utilities provided in the Airport. While Chisinau International Airport will provide basic electrical technical support, should the applicant require higher power requirements or need to carry out cabling works, the applicant shall only engage technical services, for maintenance and airport lighting.
- Chisinau International Airport reserves the right to prohibit the use of any facilities and/or utilities without prior notice.
- Filming crew must ensure care and proper use of facilities or utilities provided. If Chisinau International Airport property is damaged during the filming process, costs of damages will be billed to the filming company.
- Shifting, removing or altering any parts/features of Airport premises is strictly prohibited.
- Media personnel must ensure that all proper instructions and safety checks are carried out before they can proceed to use the facilities.
- All filming or photography equipment will be subject to inspection by Chisinau International Airport. Generators will also be inspected by Chisinau International Airport as they may create fire or electrical hazards. All unapproved equipment is to be removed from Airport premises immediately.
- Chisinau International Airport will not be held liable for any injury or loss of life due to negligence or non-conformance of safety regulations by the party involved for any activity conducted within the Airport premises.
- Chisinau International Airport accepts no responsibility for any claims that might be incurred in the event of injury or loss of life at any point of the filming/photo shoots, in case it occurs as the consequence of violation of security regulations of Chisinau Intl Airport by the solicitant.
SUBMISSION OF PROPOSAL
- The application form can be downloaded from this page. Applications for public areas and for restricted areas must be made at least 5 days and 7 days (excluding Saturdays, Sundays and Public holidays) respectively, before scheduled day of filming/photography.
- Applications with required information/documents not attached will be deemed incomplete and will not be processed.
- A complete proposal must be submitted together with the application request. The proposal should include the purpose of the filming/photography, a summary of the story (where applicable) and how the Airport will be featured in the script or depicted (where applicable). Applicants shall inform and seek Chisinau International Airport’s prior approval if there are any changes to the proposal content.
- Applicants requiring the use of dangerous, complicated stunt sequences must submit a detailed statement and action plan together with their application and the approvals of the relevant authorities must have been obtained. Prior to the proposed activity, applicants must submit to Chisinau International Airport a list of the safety & precautionary measures they will undertake during the filming.
- Chisinau International Airport will write to successful applicants only. The permit issued will only be valid when payment has been made to Chisinau International Airport Finance Division.
Download Application Form
Please direct your filming and photography application to the Marketing Division of the Chisinau International Airport.
Tel: (+373 22) 81 15 33